The favorite Priority Point Break promotion is back again. You can get free nights at some selected hotels at 5,000 points. These hotels normally go for 20,000 to 30,000 points. Priority Club point can be obtained for 0.6 center/point which mean you pay $30 for the hotels.
Here are the links for participated hotels
And you can book the hotels at InterContinental Hotels and Resorts
The US hotel lists are not as good as last quarter but they are decent with a few good value hotels
There is something about Sunday morning that you always wake up with a great deal
Gary shared a code NFB2012 and it must be used by August 4th, although it will end earlier once it has been used 3500 times.
- Air + Hotels: for 3 nights or more
- Code value: $200 off Air and Hotel package
- Travel dates must be between July 2,2012 and December 31, 2012.
- Book at Travelocity.com
I was able to get 3 flights to Denver for 3 nights at $120 each. I would say check close-by cities and you will see discount options at $40 or $50. You now can select a hotel different from your destination in the “See Advanced Search Options”. For example, if you travel from Austin-Chicago, you can select hotels in Bangkok, Thailand which happens to have super cheap hotels.
The point of getting cheap hotels is too fulfill the requirement of the promo code. With cheap hotels, you almost get a flight to anywhere discounted by $200. This method works great if you want to look for cheap flights.
Update: I got a round-trip ticket from Austin-San Fran for $55 and a free trip for my friend from Dallas-Denver. I ended up with almost free trips to Denver ($12).
HT: View from the Wing
This is a complete list of tax free weekends happening throughout the U.S. this summer and fall. Note that a few states have multiple dates with different items designated tax free. For me, tax free is a deal since you get a discount from 5% to 10%. There is no state income tax in Texas however they charge you a sales tax of 8.25% to make up for that. Read on to see the details for each state
Milepoint is launching a new premium membership
Milepoint is a frequent flyer community where members can share, talk and participate in miles/points discussion. Milepoint is built on Flyertalk model however its technology is more advanced and very easy to use.
Link to the deal
Here is a screenshot of what I found for a round-trip from DCA to Little Rock (exactly $60). These are very cheap even though they have the sales for today only and for 9 days in September. So if your airports are DCA, Tallahassee (TLH), Fort Walton Beach (VPS), Pensacola (PNS), Little Rock (LIT), Jackson, MS (JAN), Birmingham (BHM), this deal will work for you
This could be a great mileage run because Between July 7th and September 30th, you will receive double miles on all US Airways flights in and out of Washington, DC Reagan National Airport (DCA). No registration is required, however, you must book your flight by August 5th.
Distance from LIT-DCA: 888 miles for $30 = 3.3 cent/mile since the double mile promotion is active, you will get 1.65 cent/mile. This is cheaper than buying miles at 100% bonus from US Airways
Choose from 6 great destinations:
- Tallahassee (TLH)
- Fort Walton Beach (VPS)
- Pensacola (PNS)
- Little Rock (LIT)
- Jackson, MS (JAN)
- Birmingham (BHM)
Target is selling $100 gift card at 10% off. Basically, you spend $90 to get $100 gift card. You can click on Target gift card link and other Specialty Gift Card
Here are some ideas for increasing the value of your gift card, try it at your own risk
Buy $100 card for $90 (get miles depending on your card); then when you get the gift card, go through Top Cash Back to sell at Plastic Jungle or CardPool
- Electronic gift card sold for cash: $87, plus $3.48 from Top Cash Back: net $0.48 plus miles.
- Electronic gift card sold for Amazon credit: Amazon $91.35, plus (if you get it) $3.65 from Top Cash Back which will net yu $5.00 plus miles.
- Physical gift card sold for cash: $92, plus $3.68 from Top Cash Back which will net $5.68 plus miles, minus postage cost.
- Physical gift card sold for Amazon credit: Amazon $96.60, plus (if you get it) $3.86 from Top Cash Back will net $10.46 plus miles, less postage.
I haven’t tried any of this and people sometimes do not get the cash back from Top Cash Back therefore be careful. The Top Cash Back link here is my referral. If you want to leave your referral link in the comment, please go ahead.
HT to Frequentmiler
Sometimes hotels give you cash back rather than just points for your stays. Intercontinental hotel groups have these two rebate offers
- Stay two consecutive weekday nights at any of the IHG Family of Brands’ hotels and get a $50 Travel Bonus Prepaid MasterCard® (Up to $200) (Time between April 16, 2012, and August 2, 2012)
- Stay for two consecutive weekend nights (Friday, Saturday or Sunday) at any IHG® hotel Brands and we’ll give you a $75 Vacation Pay Prepaid MasterCard (up to $300) (Time between May 14, 2012 and September 3, 2012)