$757 ticket from New York City to Ho Chi Minh City is the lowest fare for this route for a long time. The recent gas price drop probably plays a major role in international airfare super discount. Vietnamese New Year is on Feb 19, 2015 therefore I would try to find a date around those times to experience holiday in Vietnam. This is very similar to the $767 ticket from Houston to Ho Chi Minh City I posted yesterday.
Eva Airlines and China Airlines (Taiwanese airlines who will stop in Taipei) seem to offer very cheap tickets for this route too.
Sample Travel Date:
- Jan 12th to Jan 21st
- New York City (JFK) – Tokyo (NRT) – Ho Chi Minh City (SGN)
- Ho Chi Minh City (SGN)– Tokyo (NRT) – New York City (JFK)
- Valid for travel from Jan 10th to Apr 15th which means you need to complete all of the flights by Apr 15th. Most available dates are in Jan, Feb and April
- Flights departure on Monday through Thursday which means your departure flights and return flights need to start on a weekday
How to search for Availability and Book the tickets
Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: JFK
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: aa+
- Destination: SGN
- Return Advanced Routing Code: aa+
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of Stay: put 1-8 or 8-15 days. You can put any numbers in there. 8-15 days mean you want the whole trip to last from 8 to 15 days
Book the tickets at OneTravel.com and use code “ny15” for another $10 off
- Q and S Class and this flight allows two stop-overs in SFO/LAX/SAN/DFW/CHI/NYC/BOS for $100 each.
- Get free hotel in Ho Chi Minh City with Hotel Quickly – Last Minute Hotel App