Southwest is running a 35% off promotion for Tuesday and Wednesday travel from 1/29 to 3/5. Discount is valid on new reservations only and purchase must be made on or before 11:59 pm for the respective time zone of the originating city on January 4, 2013, for travel January 29, 30, February 13, 19, 20, 26, 27 and March 5, 2013.
Promo code: ThankYou
I tried some dummy search and found some great fares from Austin-Las Vegas for $160 and Miami (Fort Lauderdale) for $135. The tickets are cheap if you can fly Tuesday and Wednesday.
Terms and Conditions:
- Roundtrip travel required. Reservations can include up to eight people.
- Blackouts apply as follows:
o Fort Myers (RSW) is excluded from this offer.
o New Orleans is excluded on 2/13/13
- 35 percent discount code is valid for the Wanna Get Away Fares only and is applied before taxes and fees.
- Discount will apply only on the valid travel dates. If one direction of the trip is outside the valid dates and one is within the valid travel, only the portion of travel falling within sale dates will be discounted.
- Discount is not valid on reservations made using Rapid Rewards Points.
Southwest is running some very interesting promotions for Black Friday – Book today only —– Link to the deal page
1. 40% off airfare with promocode: EARLYDEAL
- Roundtrip travel required
- Travel between Dec. 11, 2012 and Feb. 12, 2013
- Valid for travel Tuesdays and Wednesdays during valid dates only.
- Blackout dates include Dec. 26, 2012 and Jan. 1, 2, and 22, 2013.
2. Save up to 50% off hotels
3. Earn up to 1,500 points when you sign-up for Rapid Reward accounts (Southwest frequent flyer program) – this is indeed double the normal sign-up bonus therefore if you don’t have Southwest account, sign up now
1 SW point = 1.6 cent therefore they offer $24 free for you to sign-up
4. Save up to $100 off vacation packages plus 40% off flights – Promo code: BFVACATION
- Up to $100 per reservation ($20 per night) promotion code savings apply on any flight + hotel vacation package offered by Southwest Airlines Vacations. Savings is reflected in the package price when using promotion code BFVACATION at the time of booking. Only one promotion code may be used per reservation. Promotion code intended for redemption by individual consumer only.
I personally found a bunch of $99 ticket from Aus-Las in Feb which is pretty excited for me. Tempting to book them. Let me know if you find other good airfare
You have to book a round-trip to see the discount. If one of your flights falls out of the discount date, the other still gets the discount.
The promo code is: BIGDEAL40
The booking link for Southwest is here and remember to book by tomorrow. I saw some great fares from Austin to LA for $240 round-trip which is pretty awesome. and The sad thing is that they block out a bunch of dates to fly to or from Vegas.
If you need a fly with Airtran, they run the same promotion as well.
Airtran Sale Link
-Book by Oct. 11, 2012
-Travel between November 28 through December 18, 2012 and January 4, 2013 through March 1, 2013.
Save 25% off Wanna Get Away® Fares
Labor day seems to mark the end of the summer and also the end of high-price airline ticket. I am seeing prices go down on many routes and even gasoline is coming down here in Texas. Therefore we will see more and more airline discount codes similar to Southwest 25% off.
- Book by 9/6/12 for travel on 9/19, 9/26, 10/30, 10/31, 11/7, 12/1, 12/4, 12/5, and 12/11/12
- Round-trip flight required
Southwest discount codes are almost always for Tuesday and Wednesday travel. These two days normally have pretty low price compared to other days of the week. I made use of these codes back in college but not any more as a working professionals. I still hope the code can benefit some of you.
E-rewards has been behind a lot of mile-earning survey opportunities.
E-rewards partner with most major airlines such as AA, Southwest, and US Airways. Most of the time, you will need an invitation to join their panels however AA is opening its door with 250 bonus miles for enrolling in E-reward Panel. 250 AA miles are not much however opportunities to earn more free miles are promising.
I take surveys regularly. I am in both AA and Southwest panels. Each panel will have different partners with various redemption rates. For my AA panel, the partners are:
- AA, Club Carlson, Priority Club, Hertz, Hilton HHonors, La Quinta, Ticket Master and a few more
Seem like most of the discounted days are on Tuesday or Wednesday therefore it might not be the best promotion for everyone. The code seems to work for any route therefore it could be a lot of savings
My friend asked which credit card he should apply for between United Mileage Plus Explorer and Southwest Plus Credit Card. My quick answer is depending on your home airport, where you want to fly to and your spending habit. I think both of the cards are great and I personally have both in my wallet. I use United Mileage Card for international flights and Southwest Card for domestic flights since I have their companion pass. While United Card has only one version, Southwest Credit Card has 4 versions (Personal Plus + Personal Premier + Business Plus + Business Premier) and you potentially can get one personal and one business card. Since all of these cards are offered by Chase, the rule is to wait at least 30 days between applications.
Read on for the 1-1 comparisons between the two cards.